The event will run with any weather condition! It seems it’ll be sunny or cloudy, anyway, in case of ongoing heavy rain (highly unlikely) we will be forced not to pick the peas in the vine. We will shell the peas and during the fettuccine egg pasta preparation we will have wine tasting. Plus a longer lunch!
The green pea from the Berici Hills (Vicenza) is famous for its goodness. This activity for the entire family is a relaxing morning trying the real peas harvest from the vine.
There’s nothing more delicious than the first tender peas, picked right off the vine, shelled and eaten raw!
A morning of “teaching farm” at the Agriturismo Da Sagraro Farm in Mossano – Berici Hills, dedicated to the local green peas. And at the end of the activity all sitting at the table to taste the fettuccine coi piselli just picked and cooked, course with good local wine.
ACTIVITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Learning the peas harvesting / shelling: how and when;
- Learning how to cook the fresh peas;
- Learning how to prepare handmade fettuccine egg pasta;
- 9:00 a.m. Meeting at Da Sagraro Farm – coffee / cappuccino and homemade cookies;
- 09:30 – 09:45 a.m. Short walk around the Farm and introduction to the local cultivation of peas;
- 09:45 – 10:45 a.m. Handmade peas harvest in the vine;
- 10:45 – 11:30 a.m. Shelling the peas just with the hands.
- 11:30 – 12:45 p.m. Cooking the peas and handmade preparation of fettuccine egg pasta;
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Lunch with fettuccine coi piselli (dessert, water, wine, coffee included);
- 2:00 p.m. Free time (peas shopping, wine and olive oil shopping, walk in the area, etc.).
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
The Farmhouse provide:
• A specialized guide / farmer
• Translation Italian / English
Included in shareholding:
• A small bag of local peas per each family / participant.
At the expense of the participants:
• Displacement to the place of meeting
• Personal equipment (appropriate clothing and shoes)
INFORMATION AND MEMBERSHIP
To reserve your spot/s please email firstname.lastname@example.org with name and age per each participant about your group. (1st-email, 1st-confirmed!).