Not just a lunch at the Restaurant but a pre-Winter Italian Experience made by:
- People: interacting with an agriturismo / winery owner walking together trough the facilities.
- Wine: “aperitivo” in the cellar with guided wine tastings then “free” various wines for lunch.
- Beautiful landscape: located at the foot of the Euganean Hills in a little valley surrounded by vineyards with the beautiful colors of late fall all around plus a super view of the flatlands below.
A special day that the Agriturismo Monte Altore wants to dedicate to the large audience of those visiting or living temporarily in Italy, and not Italian speakers.
- 10:00 a.m. arrival and meeting point at Agriturismo “Monte Altore”;
- 10:15 a.m. short walk through the property and brief introduction to the Colli Euganei hills area and local wine-making tradition;
- 10:40 a.m. visit of the cellar with the aromas of the rising wine and welcome drink with the sweet “Fior d’Arancio” unbottled white wine; starter buffet with local battered fried vegetables (strictly from their garden) and cold cuts (strictly from their pig breeding), together with the “Altorello Bianco” white wine;
- 12:00 a.m. lunch with two primi piatti courses: pumpkin and speck risotto rice and bigoli (thick spaghetti made with flour, egg and water and pressed through a press) with wild boar meat sauce; sitting in a nice vaste room with the panoramic view on the valley. It will be served with “Cabernet” and “Serprino” red wines. At last, some tasting of homemade dessert will be served with “Fior d’Arancio” sweet wines and roasted chestnuts with their homemade herbs spirit, coffee.
During the visit the children can play at the adjacent playground.
Children up to 2-years-old are welcome too and they don’t pay.
Activities and Topics:
The Colli Euganei wine production and introduction to this small size Italian winery with its wines / grape varieties;
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
The Farmhouse provides:
• Guided tour leaded by the farm owner
• Interpreter Italian / English
Included in shareholding:
• Brief introduction to the Colli Euganei hills area
• Cellar introduction
• Wine tastings, lunch with wine, water, coffee, spirits included
At the expense of the participants:
• Displacement to the place of meeting