A special experience in the wonderful valley of San Valentino in Brendola (approx. 14 km south-west of Vicenza) to discover the traditional San Valentino Winery. It will start with an introductive visit to the vineyards surrounding the farmstead, followed by a guided tour of the winery and a tasting of their oil and 6 wines with grana cheese and mortadella.
The owners and producers of Cantina San Valentino, Matteo and Silvio, together with the interpreter will guide the group (min. 10 adults to max. 30 pax) throughout the suggestive tour into their specialities like the rare and known wine “Incrocio Manzoni 6.0.13” (a crossbreed between Riesling white wine and Sauvignon white wine) produced exclusively by their vineyards.
The event is suitable for children (but not really for strollers) and dogs on leash are allowed. Children/Dogs are under the responsibility of their parents/owners.
- 3:30 p.m. Meeting point at “Cantina San Valentino” (check-in with payment of the quote) with an introduction to the farmstead.
- 4:00 p.m. Short walk through the olive trees and vineyards to see the new grapes.
- 4:30 p.m. Visit of the winery guided by the owners who will reveal the peculiarities of the production and wine-making choices, and will be available to answer to your questions.
- 5:15 p.m. On the beautiful terrace facing the suggestive valley with the sun setting before us, we begin our guided taste itinerary: starting with sparkling wines (Manzoni, Pinot and, if ready, Durello) to continue with the “still” dry wine Incrocio Manzoni to end up with red wines (sparkling Tai Rosso, Refosco and as last, Corbina). In a friendly and informal environment, the tasting will be introduced by a brief description of the wines and accompanied by some delights like grana (parmisan) cheese and local salami. It will also be possible to taste their delicate olive oil, produced by the olive trees we see in our first walk trough the property.
- 6:00 p.m. Free time to buy some wine or oil. For this peculiar occasion, the winery will be happy to offer special discounts for the purchase of a box of 6 bottles (of the same wine – they do not accept bancomat or credit cards).
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS:
Please bring hiking shoes or at least sneakers because the very first sections of the outside walk is gravel and slippery.
PRICES (see below)
To register for this Italian wine & food experience or just for information please email*: firstname.lastname@example.org (1st-email, 1st-confirmed) before June the 12th, 2019, typing name and age per each participant. The minimum number is about 10 adults and the maximum number is about 30 total. The event will run with any weather condition.
Follow the Facebook event here.
*We will use your email just to keep you informed about this specific activity / event. We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data to third parties.