A short walk / hiking in Mossano, at the foot of the the Colli Berici hills, seeing historical, archaeological and natural sites concluding with a wine testing session followed by a quick lunch.
The walk is about 6 km length, it has an easy difficulty level as there are not special climbing. This makes it suitable for children and families (not strollers). Dogs on leash allowed! The “teaching farm” activity is held by the Farm/Winery owner and local expert and supported by an interpreter for historical sites explanations. In case of rain, the event will be canceled.
- 8:45AM: meeting point at the parking lot in front of the Mossano Town Hall located in Piazza Municipio 1, 36020 Mossano (GPS@45.419809, 11.550704 or check the Google Street View). Greetings and start walking.
- 9:30AM – 10:00AM: Visit to the prehistoric site of the Cave of San Bernardino.
- 10:30AM – 11:45AM: Down to the Valle dei Mulini (Mills Valley) visiting the enchanting valley and the still working mill.
- 12:15PM: Back to the parking lot, taking the cars to the Agriturismo Da Sagraro (it takes about 10mins to get there).
- 12:30PM – 1PM: Easy Wine Tasting session with the winery owner on the beautiful terrace (the Agriturismo has a playground for children).
- 1PM – 2PM: Lunch, just one course (pasta OR meat) plus side dishes. White, red and dessert wine, water, dessert and coffee are included.
2PM: Free time for shopping and farm visit (there are donkeys, goats, geese, guinea fowl and chickens).
- Grotta di San Bernardino (Cave of San Bernardino): An archaeological site of European importance, the San Bernardino cave has been inhabited since the Paleolithic, by the Neanderthal man. The cave is now a didactical area with the cast of the prehistoric Italy’s oldest fireplace and it allows to understand how the daily life of the first inhabitants of Berici hills was.
- Valle dei Mulini (Valley of the Mills): it is an enchanting valley placed at the feet of the Mossano town. The local milling activity has characterized the Berici hills culture and economy since Middle Age. Some of this antiques mills are still visible, some have been fully restored. We will visit the inside of an ancient mill with the gears and the old millstones still working using just the energy of water. This step allow the visitors to catch the medieval tradition aspects and to understand the strong past rural tradition.
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
Please bring appropriate hiking shoes! Some sections of the path are gravel and slippery.
PRICES (look below)
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS
To register for the activity or just for information please email*: email@example.com (1st–email, 1st-confirmed) before June 12, 2018, typing name and age per each participant. The minimum number is about 10 people and the maximum number is about 25.
*We will use your email just to keep you informed about this specific activity / event. We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data to third parties.