A short walk / hiking in the enchanting community of Mossano located at the foot of the Colli Berici hills (12Km south of Vicenza), seeing historical, archaeological and natural sites and concluding with a buffet refreshment at the Agriturismo Da Sagraro tasting their local wines.
The walk is about 6 km length, it has a easy difficulty level as there are not special climbing. This makes it suitable for children and families (not strollers). Dogs on leash allowed! The “teaching farm” activity is held by the Agriturismo/Winery owner and a local expert for historical sites explanations and supported by an interpreter. In case of rain, the event will be canceled.
- 9:00AM: meeting point at the parking lot in front of the Mossano Town Hall located in Piazza Municipio 1, 36020 Mossano (GPS@45.419809, 11.550704, or check the Google Street View). Greetings and start walking.
- 10:00AM: Visit to the prehistoric site of the Cave of San Bernardino.
- 11:15AM: Down to the Valle dei Mulini (Mills Valley) visiting the enchanting valley.
- 11:45AM:—if the group wants it—visit inside the last mill, still working.
- 12:30PM: Back to the parking lot, taking the cars to reach the Agriturismo Da Sagraro (it takes about 10mins to get there).
- 12:40PM: Buffet refreshment with the products made / grown by the Agriturismo like sopressa salami, pickles, crostini with olive paste, omelette with herbs, cakes and of course their delicious wines. The Agriturismo is kids friendly, there are swings / slides and they host donkeys, goats, geese, guinea fowl and chickens.
- Grotta di San Bernardino (Cave of San Bernardino): An archaeological site of European importance, the San Bernardino cave has been inhabited since the Paleolithic, by the Neanderthal man. The cave is now a didactical area with the cast of the prehistoric Italy’s oldest fireplace and it allows to understand how the daily life of the first inhabitants of Berici hills was.
- Valle dei Mulini (Valley of the Mills): it is an enchanting valley placed at the feet of the Mossano town. The local milling activity has characterized the Berici hills culture and economy since Middle Age. Some of this antiques mills are still visible, some have been fully restored. We will visit the inside of an ancient mill with the gears and the old millstones still working using just the energy of water. This step allow the visitors to catch the medieval tradition aspects and to understand the strong past rural tradition.
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
Please bring appropriate hiking shoes! Some sections of the path are gravel and slippery.
PRICES (look below)
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS
To register for the activity or just for information please email*: email@example.com (1st–email, 1st-confirmed) before March 30, 2019, typing name and age per each participant. The minimum number is about 15 people and the maximum number is about 28.
Stay updated trough the Facebook Event here.
*We will use your email just to keep you informed about this specific activity / event. We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data to third parties.