An easy hike in Mossano, on the Colli Berici hills, visiting a local goat / cow cheese factory where to learn the ricotta cheese preparation, tasting then the fresh ricotta and other goat & cow cheeses with handmade focaccia bread, handmade gelato and local wines.
The walk is about 5 km total length, it has a medium difficulty level as there is about 200m altitude difference with a short climb. Dogs on leash allowed. Not suitable for the strollers so please just backpacks. The “teaching farm” activity is held by the Agriturismo Da Sagraro owner together with a cheese producer and supported by an interpreter.
To those that prefer not to hike it is possible to meet directly at the cheese farm at 10 a.m. Email us at email@example.com to get the address / directions.
- 8:30AM: meeting point at the Agriturismo da Sagraro (GPS: 45.42963, 11.556512 – Via Olivari 1, Mossano – check the map before to leave!) Greetings and start of the hike into the beautiful landscape of the Berici Hills on fall.
- 10:00AM – 10:30AM: Visit at the Sermondi goat’s stall where kids can feed the goats / cows.
- 10:30AM – 11:30AM: Looking the entire Ricotta cheese production cycle at the cheese processing room. Visit at the cheese seasoning room.
- 11:30AM – 12:30PM: Tastings: on tasting four different types of local special cheese plus the sopressa salami and the wines of the Da Sagraro Farm / Winery. Lastly the dessert with fresh handmade gelato with chestnut honey and matching seasoned cheese.
- 12:30PM – 1:00PM: Possible purchase of cheeses.
- 1:00PM – 1:45PM: Walking back to the Agriturismo.
- from 1:45PM: Free time for Da Sagraro wine / olive oil shopping or just relax.
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
Please bring appropriate hiking shoes! Some sections of the path are gravel and slippery.
PRICES (look below)
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS
To register for the activity or just for information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (1st–email, 1st–confirmed) before May the 20th, 2018, typing name and age per each participant. The minimum number is about 15 people and the maximum number is about 30.
To those that prefer not to hike it is possible to meet directly at the Sermondi cheese farm at 10 a.m. Email us to get the address / directions.